- Deliver food on a monthly basis to housebound people living at or below the poverty level in Putnam and Westchester Counties (NY) and Western Connecticut
At present, we deliver to 2,100 individuals each month.
- Create monthly food bags containing wholesome and appealing foods (i.e., fruits, vegetables, dairy, eggs, whole grains, and other staples) for all HFO clients.
- Accommodate the needs of clients with nutrition-influenced illnesses (e.g., diabetes, hypertension, gluten allergies, obesity, etc.) with the delivery of special food bags and educational materials.
- Maintain a strong and consistent body of volunteers to deliver groceries and to spend quality time with housebound clientele.
- Train HFO volunteers to pay special attention to the nutritional, medical, and emotional needs of their clients, as well as to take note of any indications of danger or abuse.
- Promote community engagement with youth as they participate in monthly “Packing Nights” at our warehouse.
Or see our brochure here Hillsode Food Outreach Brochure